About Me

My photo
My diary of truths I'm learning

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Blessings and curses

I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." Genesis 12:3 (TNIV)

This is a covenant between God and Abram. I have always thought of this verse as pertaining to the people of Israel. But this week, additional aspects of this scripture have been revealed to me.

First, as a born again Christian this covenant also applies to you and me. Those that bless us will be blessed and those that curse us will be cursed. I can accept that easily enough. What about you?

The true and tough revelation came when the minister pointed out that when I bless someone I bring blessings to myself. But also when I curse someone I bring curses to myself. This thought is one to ponder.

Curses are most often given through words. When we speak negatively about someone, when we question their motives without foundation, when we cast doubt over their intentions we are in fact cursing them. Then we are probably bringing a curse into our own life.

Lord forgive me!

I came to this word from a teaching series by Creflo Dollar called "Covenant of Favor" I'm including the link to his broadcast series, This is a five part series, so it will take some time to listen, but it is worth you time. This series begins on April 26, 2010. I hope it will be a blessing to you.


If you take the opportunity to listen to this teaching series bless me by sharing your thoughts.

God Bless You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment