About Me

My photo
My diary of truths I'm learning

Monday, January 3, 2011

Over What Aspects Of Your Life Would You Like To Prosper?

A prosperity message often meets with skepticism in the church because it is most often associated with financial prosperity. But in looking at the meaning of the word prosper we see that the word encompasses much more than to prosper economically.

In fact the meaning of the word from its origins in the 15th century simply means to:  “render one happy, according to expectations, agreeable to one’s wishes.”

In what aspects of your life would you like to be rendered happy? This is a list that comes to my mind:
  • Marriage
  • Parenting
  • Relationship with family
  • Rapport with friends
  • Career
  • Financially
  • Walk with the Lord
  • Ministry
  • Bearing fruit



What about you? Let me know the aspects of your life you would like to prosper? Use the comment box.

Next I’m going to explore the characteristics of those that prosper. Come join me.

Psalm 1:2-3 His delight is in the law and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted on streams of water, which bears fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers. (NIV)

Previous

No comments:

Post a Comment